- Develop a self-study CME educational program for a standardized approach to routine lifestyle counseling;
- Develop a comprehensive website consisting of a registry of patients, pertinent health information, BMI, and waist circumference;
- Establish standardized quality control indicators to track changes in counseling physical activity and nutritional counseling;
- Provide physician and patient resources, up-to-date clinical guidelines, and strategies to overcome common impediments to physical activity and a healthful diet;
- Utilize contacts throughout New England to create pilot programs in which insurers reimburse physicians; and
- Evaluate whether reimbursing physicians increases lifestyle counseling,improves standardized techniques for lifestyle interventions, and has an impact on patient health.